Got pointed to an interesting site recently – “Design Interactions at the RCA” This is a program (or as they call it – a programme) at the Royal College of Art in London. One of the current students – Lana Porter – contacted me about a possible project she was working on involving microbes. She also pointed me to some past projects connected to microbes from the program. The two she pointed to are:
- Viruses, close enemies or distant cousins? | Design Interactions at the RCA. From Mikael Metthey. It appears to be from a few years ago but I am not sure. Regardless, it is pretty humorous. It is basically a description of an attempt to create “more intimate ways to approach the process of vaccination” by having poxteddy bears and cowpox rides and vaccination playgrounds.
- The Race. From Michael Burton. Also from a few years ago. This one is about antibiotics and microbial evolution and the hygiene hypothesis.
And then browsing around the site led to some other interesting concepts:
- MICROBIOMIC BAPTISM from Mathias Vef.
- SPACE BACTERIA from Jae Yeop Kim.
- SYNTHETIC KINGDOM from Daisy Ginsberg.
- MIDAS MICROBES from Gerrit Kaiser.