|Jonathan Eisen||Supposed Lab Head||Blog Twitter|
|Guillaume Jospin||Bioinformatics Engineer||Lab Page Twitter|
|David Coil||Project Scientist/Lab Manager||Lab Page Twitter|
|Laetitia Wilkins||PostDoc||Lab Page Twitter|
|Marisano James||PhD Student||Lab Page|
|Cassie Ettinger||PhD Student||Web Page Twitter|
|Sonia Ghose||PhD Student||Lab Page|
|Marina de Leon||PhD Student||Lab Page Twitter|
|Alonna Wright||PhD Student|
|Kate Lane||PhD Student|
|Raquel Peixoto||Visiting Professor||Research Gate Twitter|
|Andrea Leung||High School Student|
Past members of the lab.High School Students
- Henna Hundal. 2014. Afterwards went to Harvard College.
- Kevin Yang. 2012-2013. Folsom High School. Afterwards went to the University of Chicago.
- Roger Chen. Summer 2010. Afterwards went to Stanford University. Twitter: @rcchen Website: rogr.me
- Ryan Maples. Summer 2010 participant in the UC Davis Young Scholars Program.
- Rohit Misra. Summer 2010.
- Ray Zhou. Summer 2009. Graduated HS. Afterwards went to Stanford University.
- Jacqueline Colin (2016-2019). Graduated 2019.
- Natascha Varona (2018-2019). Graduated 2019. As of fall 2019, working at the USDA in Davis, CA.
- Kaylah Marcello (2017-2019). Graduated 2019. As of fall 2019, PhD student in Microbiology at UC Davis.
- Dennett Rodriquez (2017-2019). Graduated. As of Summer 2019, doing a fellowship in France.
- Randi Pechacek (2016-2019). Graduated 2019.
- Amy Wen (2017-2019). Graduated 2019. As of fall 2019, working at a biotech company in the SF Bay Area.
- Adrienne Cho (2016-2019). After graduation become a Junior Specialist at UCD.
- Thant Zaw (2016-2019). Graduated.
- Lydia Lee (2018-2019).
- Ben Stillman (2018).
- Tess McDaniel (Summer 2018). As for Fall 2018, undergraduate at UCLA.
- Katelin Jones (2018).
- Jolie Lobrutto (2018).
- Katie Somers (2017-2018).
- Emily Dunsmore (2016-2018). Graduated. After graduation doing a fellowship in Spain.
- Karley Lujan (2015-2018). Graduated. After graduation, applying to medical school.
- Amanda Dimech (2017). Graduated.
- Taylor Tucker (2017). Graduated.
- Daniel Oberbauer (2017).
- Greg Kincheloe (2015-2017). After graduating: a Junior Specialist at UC Davis, then PhD program at Penn State
- Dana DeVries (2015-2017). After graduating: a Research Technician at the USDA
- Amanda Everitt (2016-2017). After graduation working at UCSF.
- Petra Dahms (2015-2017).
- Tynisha Koenigsaecker (2015-2016). After graduating became a medical student at UC Davis.
- Chase Keaton (2015-2016). Graduated
- Janine Wong (2015-2016). Graduated
- Alex Martin (2015-2016). After working in lab: returned to her studies at Berkeley
- Briana Pompa-Hogan (2015-2016).
- Madeleine Leahy (2015-2016).
- Alexandra Alexiev (2012-2016). After graduating became a graduate student at CU Boulder.
- Ruth Lee (2014-2016). After graduating became a graduate student at UC Davis
- Makayla Betts (2014-2016). After graduating became a graduate student at MIT
- Nicholas Metas-Chapman (2016). After graduating went to medical school in Fall 2017
- Camilla Dayrit (2014-2015). After working with the lab became a freelance graphic designer in SF
- Hannah Holland-Moritz (2012-2015). After graduating became a graduate student at CU Boulder
- Hoon San Ong (2013-2014). After graduating: job at Genentech
- Sabreen Aulakh (2012-2014). After graduating: job at UC Davis Medical Center
- Jennifer Flanagan (2012-2014). After graduating: job as a research technician at UCSF
- Madison Dunitz (2012-2014). Currently a Java programmer in SF
- Andrew Stump (2013-2014). Working at Genentech
- Muntaha Samad (2014).
- Jonathon Lo (2011-2013).
Akshay Sethi (2012-2013).
Andrew Shaver (2012-2013). After graduating: working at NuGEN technologies
Lakshmi Bharadwaj (2013). After graduating: Master’s student at CalPoly in Stem Cell Bio
- Wan Nurul Naszeerah (2013). After graduating: Master’s student at Yale School of Public Health.
- Eric Lowe – (2012-2013). After graduating became a Customer Service Representative at 23 and me.
- Amanda Diep (2011-2013). Afterwards a Medical scribe at CEP American
- Zachary Bendiks (2011-2013). Currently a graduate student at UC Davis
- Dakota Bevans (2011-2012). Afterwards a Staff Researcher at CA National Primate Research Center
- Jessica Doctor (2011-2012).
- Carolina Bistue. Afterwards went to Masters program at UC Davis in Viticulture and Enology.
- Clare Xu. Afterwards became an associate Data Analyst Intern at Percepta Associates.
- Ryan Corces-Zimmerman. Afterwards went to PhD program at Stanford University.
- Sarah Post. Afterwards went to medical school at U. Pennsylvania
- Holly Huse (2005-2007). Summer Intern while in college and worked as a technician in the lab after graduating college. Afterwards went to PhD program at U. Texas Austin.
- Kevin Penn (2003-2005). Worked as a technician in the lab after graduating college. Afterwards went to PhD program at Scripps Institute of Oceanography.
- Caitlin Haltiner. Masters in Forensics from UC Davis in 2012 on “Comparison of Radial Diffusion, Rapid Stain Identification Series Test for Saliva (RSID), and DNA Test Positivity in Saliva Specimens Over Time”. Much of the lab work done in the Eisen lab. Afterwards went to USUHS Medical School.
- Sean Geer. Masters in 2008. Afterwards joined PhD program in Sociology at UC Davis
- Katherine Dahlhausen. PhD in Biophysics, August 2019 “Koala Poop Smells Good. How I know this and ways to increase the impact of research through education & outreach“
- Megan Dillon (co-advised with Dawn Sumner who was the primary advisor), PhD in Microbiology in 2018.
- Kate Wall (co-advised with Dawn Sumner who was the primary advisor), PhD in Microbiology in 2018.
- Russell Neches. PhD in Microbiology February 2018 “Prediction of Ecological Function in the Microbiome Using Machine Learning on the Graph Spectra of Coevolving Subnetworks.“
- Laura Vann. PhD in Integrative Genetics and Genomics, August 2017 on “Natural variation in plants: a survey of host and microbe variation“. After graduating: job at Novozymes after PhD.
- Srijak Bhatnagar. PhD in Microbiology, August 2017 on “Identification of factors that drive taxonomic, phylogenetic, and functional composition of microbial communities using DNA sequence analyses.” After the lab went to do a post doc in Calgary.
- Ladan Doroud. PhD in Computer Science, March 2017 on “Network Analysis in Microbial Systems”. After the lab went to work at Ancestry.Com
- Christopher Beitel. PhD in Genetics in 2016 on “The inference of genome scaffolding, phasing, and metagenome binning solutions leveraging high-throughput chromosome conformation capture sequencing data.”
- Elizabeth Wilbanks. PhD in Microbiology in 2014 on “Interrogating microbial networks: from genome-wide transcriptional regulation in model species to the ecophysiology of uncultured microbial consortia”. Jointly supervised with Marc Facciotti. Afterwards went to do a post-doc at Caltech in the lab of Victoria Orphan. Starting faculty position at UCSB in 2017.
- Jenna Morgan Lang. PhD in Microbiology in 2012 on “Exploring Microbial Community Composition and Genome Evolution Using Environmental and Comparative Genomics”. Afterwards did a post-doc at UC Davis. After leaving the lab worked at Trace Genomics and BioConsortia. In 2019 at iCarbonX.
- Amber Hartman Scholtz. PhD from Johns Hopkins University in Biology in 2009: “The human gut microbiota: new analyses on the continuum between disease and health.” Afterwards was Science & Technology Policy Fellow in Sacramento and then Acting Executive Director, President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST), White House Office of Science and Technology Policy. As of 2015 was Scientific Deputy to the Director Leibniz Institute DSMZ – German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Culture.
- Holly Ganz. Afterwards: CEO and Founder of Animal Biome
- Alana Firl. UC Davis “New Biology” Post Doctoral Fellow (supported by the UC Davis College of Biological Sciences Post Doc). Joint post doc with the Sundar lab. Afterwards a post-doc in Luca Comai’s lab at UC Davis.
- Dongying Wu. Afterwards: working at DOE-JGI.
- Alessandro Delfanti (2014-2015). Afterwards became an Assistant Professor of Culture and New Media at the Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology and the iSchool at the University of Toronto.
- Sarah Strauss. Joint post doc between the Eisen Lab and Dan Kluepfel’s lab (USDA-ARS) (primary appointment in the Kluepfel Lab). Afterwards: Faculty position at University of Florida.
- Sarah Hird. (2013-2016). Post Doc. UC Davis Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow (2014-2016). Afterwards a professor at University of Connecticut.
- Jenna Morgan Lang. 2012-2016. After leaving the lab worked at Trace Genomics and BioConsortia. In 2019 at iCarbonX.
- Holly Bik. Afterwards become Birmingham Fellow / Faculty at the University of Birmingham, UK. Then a Project Scientist at the Center for Genomics and Systems Biology (NYU). As of 2018 an Assistant Professor at UC Riverside.
- Aaron Darling. Afterwards became Associate Professor at the University of Technology, Sydney
- Thomas Sharpton. Afterwards became Assistant Professor at Oregon State (was mostly a post doc in Katie Pollard’s lab at UCSF but was semi-jointly supervised by me).
- Morgan Langille. Afterwards became Assistant Professor at Dalhausie University
- Sourav Chatterji. Afterwards became Software Engineer, Facebook
- Martin Wu. Afterwards became Assistant Professor at the University of Virginia.
- Jonathan Badger. Afterwards became Assistant Professor at the J. Craig Venter Institute.
- Chris Desjardins. Joint post doc at TIGR with Vish Nene. Afterwards became Staff Scientist, the Broad Institute.
- James Sakwa. Joint post doc at TIGR with Naomi WardAfterwards went to work at the South Africa Genome Center.
- John Zhang (2011-2015). After leaving lab: working at Novogene.
- Andrew Tritt. Afterwards became a software engineer at the DOE-JGI.
- Marcel Huntemann (2006-2007). Afterwards became a software engineer at the DOE-JGI.
- Isabelle Laforet-Lapointe. 2015. Visiting PhD student from the Université du Québec à Montréal
- Melissa Whittaker (2013-2014). UC Davis PhD student in Art Shapiro’s lab who did work on butterfly microbiomes in the lab.
- Kathryn Teague (2013). Visiting undergraduate from The University of the Pacific, Geology
- Sima Tokajian (2013) – visiting Professor from the Lebanese American University in Beruit, Lebanon
- J. Matthew Haggerty (2013) – visiting PhD student from SDSU.
- Lea Benedicte Skov Hansen (2012). Visiting post doc from University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Alex Hon-Tsen Yu (2011). Visiting Professor from National Taiwan University.