The supposed lab head
Scientific Staff (Project Scientists, Post Docs, Research Associates, etc)
- Karley Lujan
- Thant Zaw
- Jacqueline Colin
- Marcus Cohen
- Emily Dunsmore
- Randi Pechacek
- Adrienne Cho
- Daniel Oberbauer
- Katie Somers
- Denette Rodriguez
Affiliates (people who do some work in the lab)
- Megan Krusor, co-advised PhD student in Dawn Sumner’s lab at UC Davis
- Kate Wall, co-advised PhD student in Dawn Sumner’s lab at UC Davis
- Laetitia Wilkins, co-advised Postdoc in Stephanie Carlson’s lab at UC Berkeley
Past members of the lab with information on what they did after leaving the lab.
High School Students
- Ray Zhou. Summer 2009. Graduated HS. Afterwards went to Stanford University.
- Rohit Misra. Summer 2010.
- Ryan Maples. Summer 2010 participant in the UC Davis Young Scholars Program.
- Roger Chen. Summer 2010. Afterwards went to Stanford University.
- Kevin Yang. 2012-2013. Folsom High School. Afterwards went to the University of Chicago.
- Henna Hundal. 2014.
Undergraduates, Lab Technicians and Interns
- Kevin Penn (2003-2005). Worked as a technician in the lab after graduating college. Afterwards went to PhD program at Scripps Institute of Oceanography.
- Holly Huse (2005-2007). Summer Intern while in college and worked as a technician in the lab after graduating college. Afterwards went to PhD program at U. Texas Austin.
- Sarah Post. Afterwards went to medical school at U. Pennsylvania
- Ryan Corces-Zimmerman. Afterwards went to PhD program at Stanford University.
- Carolina Bistue. Afterwards went to Masters program at UC Davis in Viticulture and Enology.
- Clare Xu. Afterwards became an associate Data Analyst Intern at Percepta Associates.
- Zachary Bendiks (2011-2013) Currently a graduate student at UC Davis
- Dakota Bevans (2011-2012) Afterwards a Staff Researcher at CA National Primate Research Center
- Amanda Diep (2011-2013) Afterwards a Medical scribe at CEP American
- Jessica Doctor (2011-2012)
- Jonathon Lo (2011-2013)
Akshay Sethi (2012-2013)
Andrew Shaver (2012-2013) Now working at NuGEN technologies
Lakshmi Bharadwaj (2013) Now a Master’s student at CalPoly in Stem Cell Bio
- Wan Nurul Naszeerah (2013). Afterwards became a Master’s student at Yale School of Public Health.
- Eric Lowe – (2012-2013). Afterwards became a Customer Service Representative at 23 and me.
- Hoon San Ong (2013-2014). Working at Genentech
- Sabreen Aulakh (2012-2014). Afterwards worked at UC Davis Medical Center
- Jennifer Flanagan (2012-2014). Afterwards a research technician at UCSF
- Madison Dunitz (2012-2014). Currently a Java programmer in SF
- Andrew Stump (2013-2014). Working at Genentech
- Muntaha Samad (2014).
- Camilla Dayrit (2014-2015). Currently a freelance graphic designer in SF
- Hannah Holland-Moritz (2012-2015). Now a graduate student at CU Boulder
- Ruth Lee (2014-2016). Currently a graduate student at UC Davis
- Makayla Betts (2014-2016). Currently a graduate student at MIT
- Nicholas Metas-Chapman (2016). Starting medical school in Fall 2017
- Alexandra Alexiev (2012-2016). Now a graduate student at CU Boulder
- Tynisha Koenigsaecker (2015-2016). Now a medical student at UC Davis
- Chase Keaton (2015-2016). Graduated
- Janine Wong (2015-2016). Graduated
- Alex Martin (2015-2016). Completing her studies at Berkeley
- Briana Pompa-Hogan (2015-2016). Graduated
- Madeleine Leahy (2015-2016).
- Petra Dahms (2015-2017).
- Amanda Everitt (2016-2017)
- Greg Kincheloe (2015-2017). Now a Junior Specialist at UC Davis
- Dana DeVries (2015-2017). Now a Research Technician at the USDA
- Amanda Dimech (2017). Graduated
- Taylor Tucker (2017).
- Caitlin Haltiner. Masters in 2012. Afterwards went to medical school at USUHS.
- Sean Geer. Masters in 2008. Afterwards joined PhD program in Sociology at UC Davis
- Amber Hartman. PhD in 2009. Afterwards did CCST Fellowship and then worked at White House OSTP in PCAST.
- Jenna Morgan Lang. PhD in 2012, then post-doc in the lab, currently employed at Trace Genomics
- Elizabeth Wilbanks. PhD in 2014. Assistant Professor at UCSB.
- Christopher Beitel. PhD in 2016.
- Erin Calfree. PhD candidate in Population Biology Program.
- Ladan Doroud. PhD in 2017, now working at Ancestry.com
- Srijak Bhatnagar. PhD in 2017, now a postdoc at University of Calgary
Post docs and other post-PHD folks, with positions after they left the lab
- James Sakwa. Afterwards went to work at the South Africa Genome Center.
- Chris Desjardins. Afterwards became Staff Scientist, the Broad Institute.
- Jonathan Badger. Afterwards became Assistant Professor at the J. Craig Venter Institute.
- Martin Wu. Afterwards became Assistant Professor at the University of Virginia.
- Sourav Chatterji. Afterwards became Software Engineer, Facebook
- Morgan Langille. Afterwards became Assistant Professor at Dalhausie University
- Thomas Sharpton. Afterwards became Assistant Professor at Oregon State (was mostly a post doc in Katie Pollard’s lab at UCSF but was semi-jointly supervised by me).
- Aaron Darling. Afterwards became Associate Professor at the University of Technology, Sydney
- Holly Bik. Afterwards become Birmingham Fellow / Faculty at the University of Birmingham, UK. Then a Project Scientist at the Center for Genomics and Systems Biology (NYU). Currently an Assistant Professor at UC Riverside.
- Jenna Morgan Lang. Afterwards working at Trace Genomics
- Sarah Hird. Afterwards a professor at University of Connecticut
- Dongying Wu. Afterwards working at Lawrence Berkeley Laboratories.
- Alana Firl. Afterwards a post-doc in Luca Comai’s lab at UC Davis.
- Holly Ganz. CEO and Founder of Animal Biome
- Marcel Huntemann (2006-2007). Afterwards became a software engineer at the DOE-JGI.
- Andrew Tritt. Afterwards became a software engineer at the DOE-JGI.
- John Zhang (2011-2015). Currently working at Novogene.
- J. Matthew Haggerty (2013) – visiting PhD student, currently at San Diego State
- Alex Yu – visiting Professor
- Lea Benedicte Skov Hansen – visiting post doc from University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Sima Tokajian (2013) – visiting Professor from the Lebanese American University in Beruit, Lebanon
- Kathryn Teague (2013) – visiting undergrad from The University of the Pacific, Geology
- Isabelle Laforet-Lapointe (2015) – Visiting PhD student from the Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Raquel Peixoto (2017-2018) – Visiting Professor from Cidade Universitária, Ilha do Fundão, Rio de Janeiro – Brazil