Welcome to the Lab Page of Jonathan A. Eisen, Professor at the University of California, Davis. Prof. Eisen has appointments in the Department of Evolution and Ecology, the Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, and the Genome Center. The Eisen lab’s physical location is in the U. C. Davis Genome Center. Prof. Eisen is a member of multiple graduate groups at UC Davis (Microbiology, Population Biology, Integrative Genetics and Genomics, and Computer Science) and also a member of the Center for Population Biology and the Coastal Marine Sciences Institute.
Work in the Eisen lab covers a broad range of topics related to the ecology, evolution and function of microbes and microbial communities as well as science communication and participation. Seven major recent themes of work in the lab are listed below.
The best way to find out what is going on in the lab right now is to follow people on Twitter (e.g. Jonathan Eisen, EisenLab list) or check out the lab blog.
More on some general topics we work on can be found by clicking on the links
- Evolution, ecology and function of microbiomes and interactions therein
- Genomics and evolution of microbial pathogens
- Microbiology of the Built Environment
- Laboratory and computational methods development
- Phylogenomic diversity of microbes
- Communicating and engaging participation in microbiology
- Open science and open scholarship
Some recent major projects from the lab include: