Unlike most Saturdays, today I woke up and my first thought was, “I get to go to the SciLab building and sample!” Jennifer and I took samples of the wall, water, and sand in the Coral Pond. We also did all of our water chemistry tests. Everything went well!
My only concern is with the nitrite test that I did. My value was extremely higher than the first two times (before the water was added to the pond and time zero). Those values were around 20 while I measured nitrite at 125 today. Because of this significant difference I ran the test twice, but got the exact same number the second time. I’ve been trying to find anything online that would give me a hint to whether my value makes sense or not.
We are going to have a lot to do this week. DNA extractions here we come!