Unfortunately I missed our lab meeting presentation last Friday, due to a doctor appointment taking longer than expected, but I did learn a huge amount of what’s to come in the data analysis portion of our project (basically everything that happens after sequencing). It’s going to be a lot of work, from assigning OTUs to building phylogenetic trees and much more!
For now we will be continuing our normal lab work. We have made a few modifications to speed up the process. For example, for PCR A, we are adding a more rough amount of DNA rather than calculating it all out, which takes a good amount of time. Note: this does not make our end results less accurate.
I’m excited to finish our first set of time intervals for Coral Pond 1 so we can get them sequenced and start analyzing!