well, this could be intersting :
This announcement is sent on behalf of Associate Dean John Harada
Biomedical Ph.D. Career Development Trends: Implications for Workforce Development & Diversity
· Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 3:00 – 4:00 PM
· Location: Memorial Union, MUII room (2nd floor)
· Target Audience: STEM faculty, postdocs, and students
· Recent biomedical workforce policy efforts have centered on the twin challenges of enhancing career preparation for graduate students and postdocs, and increasing diversity in the research workforce & professoriate. Dr. Gibbs will discuss results of his work that has focused on the graduate and postdoctoral training experiences and career-decision making of recent Ph.D. graduates, and whether/how these differ across lines of race/ethnicity and gender. Specifically, Dr. Gibbs will share from a focus group study, and national survey of 1500, recent biomedical PhD graduates (including 276 from URM backgrounds).
· Speaker: Kenneth Gibbs, Jr., PhD, is a Cancer Prevention Fellow at the National Cancer Institute (NCI). Dr. Gibbs conducts policy-relevant research aimed at strengthening the research enterprise.
· For more info and to RSVP: http://goo.gl/forms/IScrjZUBrE