More detail on the UC Davis “Advancing Faculty Diversity Grant” has been posted. See Advancing Faculty Diversity | Academic Affairs.
Some key details:
- UC Davis received a grant from the UC Office of the president to run a pilot project involving faculty searches in each of eight campus entities.
- The searches are very broad. From the site “The searches will be college or school-wide, without specification of a specific discipline or department, provided that an applicant’s area of expertise falls within a discipline embodied in the academic unit. The goal of these broad searches is to attract the widest possible pool of candidates.”
- The searches are trying a new approach to screening faculty candidates where the first screening will focus on “Contributions to Diversity” statements from the candidates.
- From the site “In addition to a strong record of research and teaching excellence, successful candidates will also have an accomplished track record (calibrated to their career stage) of teaching, research or service activities addressing the needs of African-American, Latino(a)/Chicano(a)/Hispanic, and Native American students or communities. Successful candidates will have a clearly articulated vision of how their work at UC Davis will continue to contribute to the University’s mission of serving the needs of our diverse state and student population and an understanding of the barriers preventing full participation of underrepresented minorities in higher education. Applicants’ track record of engagement and activity related to diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion as well as their plans for future engagement will be a significant part of the overall evaluation of the candidate’s qualifications for a faculty appointment.”
- The site provides some guidance for “What Should a Statement of Contributions to Diversity Accomplish?”
- The site has some additional Q&As that may be helpful for applicants
Direct links to the job ads are below:
- College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- College of Biological Sciences
- College of Engineering
- Graduate School of Management
- School of Education
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Veterinary Medicine