Well, continuing on with what I started two years ago and posted about yesterday. I am trying to make scientific publications by my father (Howard J. Eisen) freely available on the web somehow.
For more see
- Freeing my father’s publications part 2
- Freeing My Father’s Scientific Publications
- Freeing My Father’s Scientific Publications Update
- Paper #1:
- Growth hormone and phosphorylase activity in adipose tissue. Eisen HJ, Goodman HM. Endocrinology. 1969 Feb;84(2):414-6.
- Available online apparently here. Published by The Endocrine Society which makes papers from 12 month old back to 1997 available for free online. But it does not make older papers available. What an inane policy. So I cannot (legally) get a PDF of this paper without paying for it? F*$cking brilliant. Glad though, that UC Davis is not paying for this as it should be available for free to everyone.
- Paper #2 :
- Horm Metab Res. 1971 Sep;3(5):331-5.The effects of hypophysectomy on phosphorylase activity in adipose tissue and muscle. Hellman DE, Eisen HJ, Goodman HM.
- Seems to be available via Thieme Journals here. But then alas, it is not available for free. Great.
- Paper #3 :
- Endocrinology. 1973 Feb;92(2):584-8. Effect of insulin on glycogen synthesis in fetal rat liver in organ culture. Eisen HJ, Glinsmann WH, Sherline P.
- Any guesses anyone? Yup, some thing from Endocrinology.
- Paper #4 :
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1973 Dec;70(12):3454-7. Regulation of hepatic glycogen synthesis during fetal development: roles of hydrocortisone, insulin, and insulin receptors. Eisen HJ, Goldfine ID, Glinsmann WH.
- Hooray. Kudos to PNAS for doing the right thing and making older papers available for free via Pubmed Central.