Microbiology art pops up again. This time in this story from Jennifer Welsh: Galaxies And Faces Drawn With Glowing Bacteria – Business Insider . For more see the artist Zachary Copfer’s website here: http://sciencetothepowerofart.com. Other stories about Copfer are popping up too – not sure if their is some publicity blitz going on or not but see below for examples:
- Bacteriograph: Photographs Printed with Bacterial Growth
- Zachary Copfer Blends Bacteria And Photography In Bacteriography …
- These Incredible/Gross Photos Were Printed With E. Coli Bacteria
- Here’s one I’ve grown earlier: Scientist-turned-artist uses bacteria to ..
- “Bacteriografia”: artista cria retratos de cientistas famosos utilizando …
ut whatever is going on the art is worth checking out.
One thought on “Fun science art example: Jennifer Welsh on Zachary Copfer glowing microbe drawings”
How is he doing this with “radiation” again? It looks like he is just printing using pigmented bacteria. Lots of people have done cool things with this kind of approach, but not with his publicity:
I would hesitate to call ZC's work “photography”?