Received this email:
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is now inviting applications to Grand Challenges Explorations, which has awarded over 1070 grants in over 58 countries to date.
Grand Challenges Explorations seeks innovative global health and development solutions. Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any organization, including universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations as well as for-profit companies.
Two-page proposals are being accepted online from September 4, 2014 until November 12, 2014 on the following topics:
– Surveillance Tools, Diagnostics and an Artificial Diet to Support New Approaches to Vector Control.
– New Approaches for Addressing Outdoor/Residual Malaria Transmission
– New Ways to Reduce Pneumonia Fatalities through Timely, Effective Treatment of Children
– Enable Universal Acceptance of Mobile Money Payments to Create an Economic Ecosystem that Will Help Lift the Poorest Out of Poverty
– Explore New Ways to Measure Brain Development and Gestational Age
– New Ways of Working Together: Integrating Community-Based Interventions
Initial grants will be US $100,000 each, and projects showing promise will have the opportunity to receive additional funding of up to US $1 million. Full descriptions of the new topics and application instructions are available at: www.grandchallenges.org/explorations.
We look forward to receiving innovative ideas from around the world and from all disciplines. If you have a great idea, please apply. If you know someone who may have a great idea, please forward this message.
Please also note our Global Health Innovation Group on LinkedIn. Developed in collaboration with Grand Challenges Canada, this group offers a platform to connect and communicate with innovators from around the world. Anyone with a LinkedIn account can join and make use of this forum.
Thank you for your commitment to solving the world’s greatest health and development challenges.
The Grand Challenges Team