|USC/C-DEBI seeks a full-time Diversity Specialist
[ advertisement PDF ]
The USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences Center for Dark Energy Biosphere Investigations (C-DEBI) is seeking a full-time Diversity Specialist to join its team!
C-DEBI is a multi-institutional research and education center funded by the National Science Foundation Science and Technology Center (NSF-STC) program, headquartered at USC. Focused on the science of exploring microbial life beneath the seafloor, the Center also prioritizes the integration of deep sea research with education and diversity efforts to strengthen the STEM pipeline for future generations. The Diversity Specialist will help to create, coordinate, and lead our diversity efforts to serve our students, postdocs, faculty, and other participants at USC and across the nation. The Diversity Specialist will assist the C-DEBI Education, Outreach, and Diversity Managing Director who supervises the development and management of these programs.
The ideal candidate for the position of C-DEBI Diversity Specialist has:
- 3 years of experience developing and managing educational STEM programs with multiple institutions with a focus on diversity initiatives
- Experience working across multiple institutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience using social media for professional outreach
- Research experience at Ph.D. or Masters level
Job responsibilities include:
- Assistance in the planning and organization of C-DEBI Education, Outreach, and Diversity program objectives and content to advance NSF-STC diversity initiatives
- Support for diversity programs, e.g., Global Environmental Microbiology and Genomics & Geobiology Undergraduate Research Experience, via testing and evaluation, teaching or event planning and the administrative duties associated with running programs
- Interaction with faculty, researchers, and staff involved with diversity programs at USC and at partner institutions
- Development and implementation of program policies and procedures
- Development of strategies for promoting C-DEBI programs, including personal networking, social media, newsletters and publications or other communications materials, and events planning by working with the C-DEBI community to broadcast exciting discoveries and E&O opportunities
- Personal professional development by staying informed of developments in field
- Other related duties as assigned or requested with the potential to create new programs
Apply at http://jobs.usc.edu/postings/70927 (Requisition ID 1006784).
We will begin reviewing applications August 19.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.