Author Archives: jenniferflanagan25

About jenniferflanagan25

Cell Biology and Communications major at UC Davis.

Update on Curtobacterium and Other Musings

In my first year in the Eisen lab, I was lucky to be able to participate on the Undergraduate Genome Sequencing Project in which I published the draft genome of Curtobacterium flaccumfaciens, the first of it’s genus. An important aspect … Continue reading

Posted in Misc. | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Trial and Error

First off I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving break! If you read Andrew’s previous posts regarding the project, you would know that we have decided to scrap all of the samples we have extracted DNA from and start from … Continue reading

Posted in Undergraduate Aquarium Project | Tagged | 2 Comments

Aquarium Project

So the project is finally in full swing! After a couple of weeks of practice sampling and getting used to different protocols for extracting, purifying and amplifying the DNA, we have now moved on to working with our real samples. … Continue reading

Posted in Undergraduate Aquarium Project | Tagged | Leave a comment

Curtobacterium flaccumfaciens (AKU)

Hi, this is a really long overdo post, but I figured it was about time to start blogging. My name is Jennifer and I am a third year Cell Biology and double in Communications. I am slightly new to the … Continue reading

| Tagged | 3 Comments