A few years ago I used to post many things for the Web through Apple’s Mobile Me service. Annoyingly, Apple ended up treating this like they treat connectors and plugs for their phones and Macs. They just decided to move their online system to iCloud and deleted all the old websites through Mobile Me. Which left me in a lurch. And then I forgot about it. But I have been rediscovering how annoying this is since I had a lot of information out there on old papers and projects and now it is gone from the interwebs. So I have ben trying to re-share all of this stuff.
One way has ben to post data from old papers to Figshare. See for example:
- Eisen et al. 1995. SNF2 Evolution datasets.
- Eisen 1995 RecA Evolution
- Sequence alignment for GEBA paper
- Proteomes of genomes used in GEBA paper
But I also had all sorts of website related material that is annoyingly gone. And yesterday I discovered at least a simple solution to this. I can put all my old websites in my Dropbox public folder and share the link to those files with others and they work pretty well.
See for example my re-releasing of some of my April 1 and other joke websites:
- Scientist Reveals Secret of the Ocean: It’s Him- New York Times
- Collins responds
- World Anti Brain Doping Authority
- Thymineless Death Society
Also – I have reposted some of the my old websites